The Khetanna

LordSlithor

Staff member
Some of you may have seen the announcement in February that Hasbro started up their own exclusive collector club/crowdfunding effort called Hasbro Labs. And they began with a crowdfunding campaign to make the Star Wars toy everyone's wanted since Return of the Jedi came out: Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge! (Otherwise known as The Khetanna)

It promises to be the largest Star Wars toy ever made at nearly 4 feet long. They needed to reach a minimum funding goal of 5,000 backers. The cost was $500.00.

This toy would be sold exclusively through Hasbro Labs. And backing the project was the only way you would be guaranteed to get one, as no retailer will sell it. Among other things, it includes a figure of Jabba, as well as the character of "Yak-Face"; one of the background aliens seen on the ship. As of last weekend, they reached their minimum goal, and they are currently over 7,000 orders! There's still one more day to get in on this before the campaign ends.

And yes, I backed it. So I'll be getting mine! I've wanted to see them make the Khetanna since I first saw ROTJ. Since I also have the large scale Millennium Falcon that came out in 2010, and the Vintage edition AT-AT that came out a year later, the Khetanna will complete my trifecta of large-scale SW toys. :)

But what does anybody else think? Is it worth it? Or does $500.00 sound like too much, even for a long sought-after toy like this one?

Hasbro Labs' Khetanna Project

Last edited:

Stingray

Staff member
12 hours left and currently has 7669 backers.

Price wise I'm not too sure about it. I love Star Wars but I'm not really a collector. I sold off my entire collection about 20 years ago and made some pretty good money on it. It's a totally bad ass looking setup and I can see the appeal to a serious collector.

I hope you enjoy it. Post some pics once you get it!

LordSlithor

Staff member
Will do! I was planning on putting some up on my FB page anyway. It won't be shipped, though, until Feb. 28, 2019. I'll need to clear out some space in my place for it until then!

Stingray

Staff member
Well that should give you enough time to clear out some room. Would love to see some pics of the Falcon and the AT-AT if you have them handy. I wasn't even aware anyone was doing anything like this until I saw your post.

Gandalf42

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, sounds interesting. I remember selling off my figures to Dragon (from the BBS) back in the day... Must have been around '88 or '89. I found Bossk recently.. Currently have him sitting up on the shelf.

Stingray

Staff member
Dragon? Ravics BBS Dragon? I kind of wish there was a BBS days where are they now website. Would be nice to see what happened to all those online personalities from way back.

Gandalf42

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, Ravics Dragon. I lost touch with Dragon after the BBS days, I know he was involved with developing the forward array for Aegis over in Moorestown. My dad was in charge of building it.. well, parts of it.

I know what you mean. The global reach of the web coupled with the idiotically easy way to access it has really screwed up online culture... But I would assume it is only those of us from the BBS (or even the mainframe) days that feel that way about it.

Greg kept in touch with more people than we have. Harmonious Blacksmith is a web developer, Kimmy K I believe got knocked up and moved to Arizona and found god in a big way, Reklaw is a programmer I think, Lord Kyr Stormblade I think is in maximum security down in Gainsville.. he knew a bunch more. Where as we were on the files side of things, he was more on the C/Net - Citadel based boards... conversing, doing meet ups, apparently there was a softball league.. so he was on the more social end of it.

He had some interesting stories of Ancient Future getting balls-to-the-wall drunk out in the wilds of Atco.. and having to drag his limp body back to his house where he left him on the living room floor with leaves and dirt all around him. Apparently his mom wasn't too happy finding him that way in the morning when she got up. Those were the days, eh?

Stingray

Staff member
You know what's really weird is that I recall more peoples handles than their real name despite having met quite a few of them in person. I still talk with Johnny A a few times a year. He's down close to the shore now and travels quite a bit in an RV or something.

I think we went to HB's house together in Haddonfield? He was painting a fence outside and wrote HB's house in paint on the fence so we could find it easier. Chris Zelek aka Grey Wolf I think is in finance from the last I heard which was years ago. Sammy Dutkin is also into some kind of coding from what I think you were saying. I sometimes wonder what ever happened to Bytor and Doc Midnight from Red Sector A. I know they had a ISP running in the 90's with No Carrier and Jason's friend Ed (not long dick Ed) helping out.

Yes, Lord Kire (Eric spelled backwards) is/was in jail for bank robbery. Not sure how long one gets for that so maybe he is out now. A non-BBS guy I went to high school with only got 7 years for defrauding a school district of $40,000...so who knows.

I know Ancient Future used to work at the Pennsauken movie theater near the mart. I think he might have hooked us up to get in on the night of the Highlander II riot in the parking lot where the dodging bottles skill came in handy.

Members online

No members online now.

Top chatters