LH Forum Rules
Last Updated: 2018·06·01
Last Updated: 2018·06·01
Welcome to LH forum! We are a newly relaunched general discussions forum that has been around in varying capacities since 2010. Perhaps a bit spartan at the moment, but I hope we can get some engaging discussions started here soon. As with most things in life, a few quick ground rules are in order to let everyone know where the community stands. Most of this is common sense and I'd much prefer to keep the conversations civil and plentiful and the moderation minimal.
So, to that end:
- The whole purpose of these forums are to discuss and engage with each other. When posting, strive to be helpful, constructive and polite.
- You are responsible for what you say and do. Libel and Slander are real things and these forums do not legally stand behind what you post- you do. So think twice before you post negatively about people and/or organizations.
- We will not tolerate personal attacks or harassment of any kind against anyone on this site.
- If an established thread already exists for a topic, use it.. It keeps the forums neat, targeted and easier to navigate.
- Trolling, topic derailing and spamming will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.
- We reserve the right to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the community.
- Keep political and religious references, discussions and images (including avatars) off this forum. These issues always incite people and lead to harassment and flame wars.
- NSFW (Not Safe for Work) content, for the most part, is unsuitable for the forums. We have people logging in from work and other public places. Keep it lean, mean and clean. If you are posting game art which is questionable, it will be allowed as long as you tag the image appropriately as [NSFW].
- Releasing personal information or doxing is not allowed.
- No trading of protected properties, no ROM's, no ISO's, no torrents. Discussion of emulation and emulators is allowed and encouraged, but don't ask for ROM's or where to acquire them.
- Avatars should be of a non-offensive nature. This includes inflammatory subjects such as religion and politics as mentioned above.
- Membership is defined as one person, one account. No Exceptions.
- Keep signatures to a reasonable length and free of offensive content.
- New users have limited access. This is an unfortunate necessity which allows us to weed out the deluge of spam accounts coming out or China and Russia. So if your post is not initially displayed, it's probably in a moderation queue. Just be patient.
- Our moderators are free to respond to rules infractions however they see fit. However, like we mentioned earlier, we try our best to not be heavy handed.. we try and give the benefit of the doubt. But deliberate infractions will be enforced for the good of the community.
- If you are confused as to an action taken or an edit a moderator has made- please discuss and work the issue out via PM with that mod.
Enjoy yourselves, have fun and be respectful.